Blackstrap Molasses adds sweetness to the recipe and it contains high levels of iron, calcium, potassium, selenium, Vit B 6, and is low in calories.
Coconut helps to aid and support overall Immune system functions and has many health benefits (more info on that to follow)
100g Sunflower Seeds
100g Pumpkins Seeds
200g Shredded Coconut
75g Sesame Seeds
500g chopped mixed nuts (Pecan, Walnut, Brazil Nut, Hazelnut, Cashews, etc.)
· In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients well.
· You can adapt the dry ingredients to what you have in your cupboard or your likings.
200ml Blackstrap Molasses
2ooml Coldpressed Vegetable Oil , ideally use warmed (liquid) coconut oil
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
· Whisk the Molasses, Oil and Vanilla together into a thick liquid.
· Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well. Ensure everything is covered well.
· Cover a number of Baking tray’s with parchment paper.
· Spread the mixture in a thin layer onto the Baking Tray.
· Roast in the oven for 10-15min or until golden brown. (170degree centigrade) Keep an eye on it as it can easily burn.
· Remove from oven, let it cool and store in a large airtight container.
Serve with Milk Kefir or Organic Natural Yoghurt. If you are dairy free Coconut or Almond Milk are delicious, plus any fruit you have to hand.
My favourite combo is Almond Milk and Berries or Pear.
Let me know your favourite combos.